Kilimanjaro - Marangu Route
DAY 1 ARRIVAL
DAY 2 ARUSHA- MANDARA HUT
DAY 3 MANDARA HUT - HOROMBO HUT
DAY 4 HOROMBO HUT - KIBO HUT
DAY 5 KIBO HUT - UHURU PEAK - HOROMBO
DAY 6 HOROMBO HUT - MARANGU GATE - ARUSHA
DAY 7 AIRPORT OR SAFARI EXTENSION
Day 1: Airport / Arusha
Arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be warmly welcomed by our experienced driver guide /He will, greet you and take you to Arusha to the hotel. He will introduce you to this wonderful country. Welcome you to Tanzania!
Day 2: Arusha / Mandara Hut ( 4 h aprox.)
Depart from Arusha to the Marangu Gate on the eastern side of Kilimanjaro, register with the Kilimanjaro National Park, and begin Hiking. In the rain forest look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life and Colobus monkeys. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 3: Madara Hut / Horombo Hut ( 7 h aprox.)
Early morning breakfast. After we starts hike it up to a destination where breakfast will be served. Later pack for your next trek. By 08h30 we will again resume hiking. This will go on for another one hour through the rain forest, glades, then follow an ascending path through heath land where you can look for giant lobelias and groundsels. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner).
Day 4: Horombo Hut / Kibo Hut ( 6h aprox. )
If you wake up early on this day, the opportunity to get some photos of the sunrise is ample. In the first part of the day's hike we climb through the dwindling heathland that blends into a moonscape as you enter the sweeping saddle connecting Mawenzi and Kibo. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 5: Kibo Hut / Uhuru Peak / Horombo
Wake up at midnight and prepare for your summit ascent. Reaching at Gilman's point views of the fabled crater and its icecaps greet you. Another 2 hours of hiking along the crater rim take you to Kilimanjaro's true summit, Uruhu Peak. By later descend down back to Kibo Hut, have lunch, rest, collect your things and cross the saddle to the Horombo Hut. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 6: Horombo Hut / Marangu Gate / Arusha
Descend through the moorland to the Mandara Hut. Continue your triumphant recessional down through lush forest to the park gate. Remember to tip your guides, cooks and porters, since you will be leaving them there. Overnight at the in Arusha. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 7: Arusha / Airport
Lilac safari vehicle will be ready to take you back to the Airport for you to catch your flight and head back home. ( Breakfast,-,-)
PRICE PER PERSON 2015: 1400 US$
• Airport Transfers.
• 2 Nights' accommodation in Arusha on Bed & Breakfast (before & after climb).
• Transfer to / from the mountain
• Kilimanjaro National Park Permits, camping / hutfees & rescue fees
• All food and catering equipment's.
• Boiling water on the trek
• Service of a private English speaking Professional & Qualified mountain guide
• Cook and adequate Porters to carry both trip provisions & passenger private bags
• Certificate of achievement
• Free storage of excess baggage not required on the mountain hike
Package Excludes :
• Flights and medical insurance.
• Personal mountain equipment's
• Personal and luggage insurance
• Oxygen ($100 per person)
• All type of hard and soft drink
• Any expense of personal nature
• Any excess luggage more than 15 Kgs per client
• Gratuities to your guides, porters and cook.
Visa (Applicable on Arrival at Airport) :
• $100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals.