Meru rises high above Arusha National Park, a dormant volcano with a summit at an impressive altitude of 4565 meters, making it the fifth-highest peak in Africa. An ascent of this imposing mountain takes trekkers through the highland rainforest and across acacia woodland, introducing its visitors to interesting flora and wildlife. Because the mountain draws less visitors to its slopes, it consequently attracts...more animals! With luck, trekkers might reasonably expect to see giraffe, warthogs, zebra, lions, leopards and baboons; up in the trees, blue monkeys and the distinctive black-and-white colobus will return your stares.
DAY 1 ARRIVAL
DAY 2 ARUSHA- MOMELA GATE – MIRIAKAMBA HUT
DAY 3 MIRIAKAMBA HUT - SADDLE HUT
DAY 4 SADDLE HUT – SUMMIT – MIRIAKAMBA HUT
DAY 5 MIRIAKAMBA HUT – MOMELA GATE - ARUSHA
DAY 6 AIRPORT OR SAFARI EXTENSION
DAY 1 Kilimanjaro International Airport to Arusha:
After your long flight, you will be pleased to discover that Arusha - the undisputed 'safari capital' of East Africa- is perched at
The city even has its own natural attraction,
DAY 2 Arusha to Momela Gate to Miriakamba Hut :
Pass some open grassland where you can view
DAY 3 Miriakamba Hut to Saddle Hut :
It is often clear in the morning, so if you want a view of Kili, get up early. From Miriakamba hut, we climb steeply to the crater rim, which is called Elephant Ridge at this point.
Then, you follow a steep path through attractive open lush Montane forest to reach the giant heather in the moor land near the Saddle between Little Meru and Meru. A hot lunch will be ready for you when you arrive at the Saddle huts. Your afternoon is free to rest and enjoy the view. Although, energetic trekkers can make the short climb to the nearby summit of Little Meru for superb views just before sunset. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Start early at 02h00, and climb steeply for an hour to Rhino Point (
The stunning views include the cliffs of the crater rim, the Ash Cone rising from the crater floor, Kilimanjaro floating on the morning clouds, and the Rift Valley. Hike for another hour on a superb but often steep path into the unfolding day to reach the summit of Meru.
The view from the top of this steep -sided peak can make you feel quiet unique and suspended. Your hike back to Rhino Point in the still sharp morning light between the crater's sloping outer wall and sheer cliffs of the inner wall is one of the most dramatic an d exhilarating walks in Africa. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
DAY 5 Miriakamba Hut to Momela Gate to
Taking a slightly different route, make a fast descent through open grassland and mixed forest, with good chances of seeing wildlife. This trail has excellent views back toward the crater and over the plains of the National Park. You will reach Momella Gate by late morning. Remember to tip your guides and porters, since you will be leaving them there. A vehicle will take you back to Arusha where it is definitely time for celebration. ( Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
DAY 6 Arusha City to
Lilac Safari vehicle will be ready to take you back to the Airport for you to catch your flight and head back home. ( Breakfast, -,-)
PRICE PER PERSON: 990 US$
• Airport Transfers.
• 2 Nights' accommodation in Arusha on Bed & Breakfast (before & after climb).
• Transfer to / from the mountain
• Kilimanjaro National Park Permits, camping / hut fees & rescue fees
• All food and catering equipment's.
• Boiling water on the trek
• Service of a private English speaking Professional & Qualified mountain guide
• Cook and adequate Porters to carry both trip provisions & passenger private bags
• Certificate of achievement
• free storage of excess baggage not required on the mountain hike
• Flights and medical insurance.
• Personal mountain equipment's
• Personal and luggage insurance
• Oxygen ($100 per person)
• All type of hard and soft drink
• Any expense of personal nature
• Any excess luggage more than 15 Kgs per client
• Gratuities to your guides, porters and cook.
Visa (Applicable on Arrival at Airport) :
• $100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals.